Veterinary Entrance Examination, Himachal Pradesh
The state of Himachal Pradesh holds a yearly entrance examination for admission in veterinary courses. This state has over 250 seats in this course as well as 850 seats for medical course. Aspirants from all over India take this exam and try to secure a good rank. The All India Board of Veterinary Science provides special incentive for this state for the proper enlistment of veterinary science.
• Aspirants must be Indian nationalists, but should not belong to the state of Jammu & Kashmir, as per the laws of Indian Parliament.
• Applicants must be of minimum age of 17 years and a maximum of 24 years.
• He or She should secure a minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in their Higher Secondary Examination.
• Scheduled caste and scheduled tribe aspirants have to secure only 10% less in their Higher Secondary Examination as compared to the general caste applicants.
Aspirants must appear for a written entrance examination. Those candidates who make it through the entrance exam are then called for special personal counseling in the selected city of the state. These candidates are then called for final admission call in various government based veterinary college. Seats are also reserved for scheduled castes, Scheduled tribe and other backward class aspirants. Domicile status of the applicants plays an important role during the admission process
Proposed Important Dates
• Proposed date of examination- Mid week of April
• Proposed date of result- Mid week of July